Time to LIVE a little. This month should have you in high spirits – high on LIFE! Yes, the word “LIFE” adds up to 23! December energy adds to 23! If you add 2+3=5, you can see why in numerology we write that as 23/5. By now you should be quite comfortable riding the highs and the lows of life and embracing both, knowing that there is nothing that can break your spirit. I know this because you are still here and alive. I feel excited just looking at the number 23!
December should bring a feeling of friendship, companionship and a sense of personal freedom. What a lovely energy for a December holiday season of festivities, family and friends. This should be a very different vibe to that of December 2017 last year, which was not a festive vibration at all.
This energy is creative, team-focused, friendly, diplomatic, yet exciting and a little quirky and spontaneous. I suspect many of you made new friends and found your soul families this year. These may be young friendships, although you may feel as if you have known them forever.
23 is a prime number – divisible only by itself and 1. The Ancient Chinese considered prime numbers to be very masculine, and prime numbers are odd numbers anyhow, which are more masculine by nature. 23 is made up of two consecutive prime numbers and the first number is the only even prime number, number 2.
Number 23 is seen by many to have a mystical significance, so view December in a magical way and enjoy it.
This is the holiday season where you will likely come up with new ways of socialising, perhaps pooling resources and all contributing in some way to celebrate new friendships and new positive feelings around the festive season. You may find new and different activities to bond with and new ideas around sharing meals.
December will bring in a feeling of freedom; a feeling that anything is possible and achievable. It is a beautiful energy ahead of the energy that will prevail in 2019 – a creative, fun and playful vibe. Now just onwards and upwards! Wow for getting through these past few years!
A word of caution for December:
Number 23 is often described as the number of “incidents”. The 23 Enigma refers to the belief that many incidents, disasters and events are directly connected to the number 23. The link to disasters also corresponds with hexagram 23 of the “I Ching”, translated as “Splitting Apart.”
If I look at the numbers making up 23/5, the negative can be sensitive, reckless and unfocussed, and take unnecessary risks without looking at details, so always be aware of your surroundings.
Have fun but do not take uncalculated risks.
Some interesting facts I Googled on the number 23:
- Some people are obsessed with number 23.
- In the disaster movie, “Airport”, seat 23 belongs to the bomber. At the end of the Monty Python film “The Life of Brian”, the number of crosses on Calvary is 23. In “Die Hard with A Vengeance”, a train derails in subway station 23. The lead characters in “The Big Lebowski” movie always used lane 23 at the bowling alley. In “Lost”, a television series, number 23 is one of the combinations of six numbers that haunt the characters and they must be put into a computer to avoid an unknown fate.
- In “Serendipity”, Sarah & Jonathan ‘randomly’ select floor 23 in the Waldorf Astoria elevators. In “Kate & Leopold”, Kate has 23 minutes to jump into a time vortex before it closes. In “The Matrix Reloaded” in the opening code sequence, the final and most prominent number is 23, reversed as if looking from inside a mirror. “The Fifth Element” also has interesting references to number 23, and the story is set in the year 2263, the 23rd century.
- The 9/11 “terrorist attacks” on America (I don’t personally believe there was a plane involved at all but that the Twin Towers were blown up from within the building and the planes Photoshopped in), are one of the disturbing events that add to 23. The date (9+11+2+0+0+1) adds up to 23.
- Discordianism, a self-declared religion based on the premise that discord and chaos are the building blocks of life, use 23 as their Holy Number.
- Each parent contributes 23 chromosomes to the start of human life. The nuclei of cells in human bodies have 46 chromosomes made from 23 pairs. Egg and sperm cells in humans have 23 chromosomes which fuse and divide to create an embryo.
- It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate throughout the entire body.
- In humans, the 23rd chromosome determines gender.
- The Bible always gives special significance to number 23, the examples too many to mention here.
- Many sport stars have developed a love/hate relationship with number 23. Michael Jordan, David Beckham, Marc Vivien Foe, Marcus Trescothick, and Shane Warne to name but a few.
- The first Morse code transmission; “What hath God wrought?” was from the Bible passage Numbers 23:23. In telegrapher’s code number 23 means “break the line”.
- The Titanic sank the morning of April 15th, 1912 (4+1+5+1+9+1+2) which adds up to 23.
- On a normal modern Latin alphabet, QWERTY keyboard, the 23rd letter W is right below and between 2 and 3. W, the 23rd letter of the Latin alphabet has 2 points down, 3 points up.
And that’s all for now, folks! See you on the other side of 2018!
Photo by Mantas Hesthaven from Pexels